Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Walgreens Roundup 11/26/11 (how I save)

I knew going in I wouldn't be getting much due to yesterday being Black Friday and I did not want to brave that crowd but I did get some good deals. I chose to pay everything OOP (out of pocket) and use my rewards for next week. I know that tomorrow there will be a P&G insert so I will be going back to the store. I will break it down how the transaction went.



I purchased 2 24 count boxes of Christmas cards, 3 rolls of 50 sq ft wrapping paper, 1 thermal care heat wrap, 1 4oz Colgate toothpaste, 4 toothbrushes and 2 18 count ponytail holders.


My subtotal was $23.45 (plus $2.05 tax) but then I had $1.75 in coupons so my total OOP was $23.75.

I then received $12.00 in rewards bucks so my actual total for all of those items including tax was $11.75. (remember you have to pay tax on everything you buy even if its free in the end. Uncle Sam is going to get his.)

I saved about 49.5% of my total. Not bad. And next time I go I will use those reward bucks. If they expire you just threw away money. Next I will post my even better CVS trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment